A Major Milestone for Seniors Housing & Care Market Data
Last week, NIC reached a highly anticipated milestone with the release of an intuitive, user-friendly interface for our NIC MAP® Data Service.
If you’re not familiar with NIC’s data service, NIC MAP is the premier provider of comprehensive market data for the seniors housing and care sector, with data from more than 14,000 properties within 140 U.S. metropolitan markets. Since it was established in 2004, NIC MAP has helped create transparency for seniors housing and care by offering accurate, unbiased, and actionable market-level data on the entire sector’s property types and care segments, including independent living, assisted living, memory care, and nursing care.
Broken down by property type, care segments, and unit type, NIC MAP data is updated quarterly. It includes property-level inventory by unit type, sales transactions, construction activity, aggregated occupancy and rent comps, demographics, and much more.
New Features Provide Better Data Faster
The all-new NIC MAP interface is designed to save NIC MAP clients time by giving them quicker access to the data they need for their business strategies. There is also an in-depth library of resources to show users how to navigate NIC MAP’s many tools and reports.
The new generation of NIC MAP includes the following new features:
- Expanded demographic data to assess local demographic characteristics as well as supply conditions to better evaluate the supply and demand balances in a market.
- Polygons that allow clients to draw their custom primary market areas to account for local nuances in a market, such as rivers, highways, and other physical barriers, or social characteristics associated with specific zip codes or local communities.
- Hospital plotting, which shows hospital locations around an address or property. This tool is useful for assessing proximity to hospitals, which is one of several demand drivers for skilled nursing and seniors housing.
- New Community Type reporting structure, which allows NIC MAP clients to access historical trend series data for memory care properties and continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs).
- Enhanced data downloads with exportable charts embedded so NIC MAP clients can deploy the data and charts more easily and upload charts more quickly into presentations and reports.
Schedule a Demo
NIC MAP is available through a variety of subscriptions and reports that can be customized based on geographical needs. For more information about NIC MAP, visit our website.
If you’d like to see NIC MAP in action, we encourage you to schedule a live demonstration of its features and capabilities.