News & Press Releases
National Investment Center for Seniors Housing and Care Announces ‘NIC Talks’ Lineup for Chicago Fall Conference
‘The Future of Aging’ is focus of 8 TED-style talks
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Sept 5, 2018
Contact: Rachel Griffith, 202-868-4824; RGriffith@MessagePartnersPR.com
Annapolis, Md. (September 5, 2018)—Experts in fields as diverse as healthcare, consumer technology, human resources—and even improv—will share insights and innovations that will impact the future of aging at the National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC) Fall Conference in Chicago, Oct. 17-19. The speakers will provide their thoughts in NIC Talks, eight 12-minute conversations delivered TED-style.
“We created NIC Talks to be part of our annual NIC Fall Conference as a means of sharing innovative ideas about aging in a unique and engaging format,” said Bob Kramer, NIC founder and strategic advisor, who will moderate the NIC Talks. “Seniors housing and care throughout America is increasingly responsive to current and future needs and expectations seniors have for their housing and healthcare. The trends and ideas we’ll discuss have the potential to transform the aging experience.”
Eight NIC Talks will address broad themes: culture and workforce issues; artificial intelligence and applied technology; and quality of life and caregiving. Confirmed speakers and topics are:
- Yoky Matsuoka, chief technology officer at Nest, will highlight the challenges of building technology that seamlessly blends into the lives of elders.
- Dwayne J. Clark, co-founder and CEO of Aegis Living, will spotlight the importance of creating a culture of innovation based on the company workforce.
- Susan Dentzer, CEO of the Network for Excellence in Health Innovation, will talk about “healthcare without walls” and how this trend impacts health outcomes and the provider opportunities for seniors housing.
- Kelly Leonard, executive director of The Second City, Chicago’s famed improv theater, will share how improv techniques can be used to improve interactions with people with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Chinwe Onyeagoro, president & chief strategy officer for analytics firm Great Place to Work, will provide insights into how to create a high-trust, high-performing workplace culture that inspires a sense of purpose.
- Lisa Marsh Ryerson, president of the AARP Foundation and a noted expert on social isolation, will discuss loneliness and its social and health impacts on older adults.
- Chetan Sharma, founder and CEO of Chetan Sharma Consulting and one of the leading strategists in the mobile industry, will explore the idea of aging in place amid a significant technological shift to “connected intelligence.”
- Bret Kinsella, founder, editor and research director of Voicebot.ai and expert on voice-first technology, will focus on the applications of voice-first technology for elders and their caregivers.
“Decision makers need good information about trends and innovations so they can plan seniors housing and care communities and services that benefit residents,” said Brian Jurutka, president and CEO of NIC. “NIC Talks is just one way we bring people together in support of our mission—fostering ‘access and choice in seniors housing and care.’”
# # #
For more information on NIC and to speak with an expert, please contact Rachel Griffith, 202-868-4824 or RGriffith@MessagePartnersPR.com.
About the National Investment Center for Senior Housing & Care
The National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC) is a 501(c)3 organization established in 1991 whose mission is to enable access and choice by providing data, analytics, and connections that bring together investors and providers. For more information, visit www.nic.org, and follow NIC on Twitter.