NIC Investment Guide: Investing in Seniors Housing & Care Properties, Sixth Edition
Published biennially, the NIC Investment Guide is the definitive resource for navigating the seniors housing and care property sector. Rich in fresh data, accurate insights, and in-depth analysis, the guide is invaluable to anyone within the sector, or seeking to better understand it.
New in the Sixth Edition
Along with comprehensive material and data updates through 2019, the NIC Investment Guide, Sixth Edition contains appendices on timely topics affecting the sector.
• Middle market in seniors housing
• Technology trends
• Collaboration between housing and healthcare.
What’s in the Guide?
Operator-focused sections include detailed descriptions of each community type, including independent living, assisted living, nursing care, CCRC (life plan communities), and memory care. Key data includes:
- Resident characteristics
- Market size
- Penetration rates
- Rental rates and asking rent benchmarks
- Industry operating structures
- Operating economics including NOI, operating margins by community type, monthly operating expenditures, replacement reserves, capital expenditures requirements
- Demographic trends
- Alternative housing and service options
- Factors affecting demand
Investors find a variety of sections valuable, including:
- Emerging Trends and Observations
- Pricing and volume metrics on closed sales transactions for the past ten years
- Investment return performance since 2003
- Yearly performance snapshots in expenses, operating margins, and more
- Development, capital spending, construction, and acquisitions
- Overview of debt and equity sources of capital for the seniors housing and care industry
- Valuations, returns, loan performance, and lender underwriting standards
- Lease-up trends by community type, market feasibility, and demand metrics
Complimentary Executive Summary
Download the Guide’s Executive Summary below, for a complimentary overview of its contents and key findings.
Access the NIC Investment Guide
Available for purchase in a downloadable PDF ($50), or in print ($100), the Guide is a resource you can access today. The printed book is a long-wearing, convenient reference, a suitable resource for every desk in the office.