Future Leaders Council Nomination & Application Process
Thank you for your interest in the nomination process for membership in the NIC Future Leaders Council (FLC). Below are forms for completion as part of the nomination process, a summary overview of the council, and both the attributes sought in those nominated for membership and the commitment to NIC of members.
Nomination Forms and Timeline
The forms need to be completed by Friday, May 27, 2022, as part of the 2022 nomination process.
- Form A: Nomination for Membership—required for nomination and must be completed by a NIC volunteer leader who is extended an invitation in early March to nominate individuals for membership.
- Form B: Nominee Application for Membership—required to complete nomination and must be completed by the nominee.
- Form C: Nominee’s Company Sponsorship Application—required to complete the nomination of any nominee who is nominated by a NIC volunteer leader from outside of the nominee’s company to ensure that the nominee’s company is supportive of the nominee’s prospective membership in the FLC and of the associated level of commitment expected of members.
Nominees must be available by phone for a brief interview by the NIC Future Leaders Council Oversight Committee as necessary between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm EDT on Thursday, June 23, 2022.
All nominees are notified of the FLC Oversight Committee’s decision regarding their respective nomination no later than Friday, July 1, 2022.
NIC Future Leaders Council Overview
The NIC Future Leaders Council was created to be an extension of, and resource to, the NIC Board to further our mission: to enable access and choice by providing data, analytics, and connections that bring together investors and providers. The FLC prepares tomorrow’s NIC leaders to face what lies ahead, grow the industry and positively impact America’s senior population with NIC’s mission. The offers emerging leaders the opportunity to hone their leadership skills, address critical issues that impact the industry through NIC’s initiatives, and develop a network of trusted associates and resources.
There currently are 25 members serving three-year terms. The selection of members has become a highly competitive process, and only eight (8) new members named each year. This year, members are working alongside NIC leadership on key initiatives such as the NIC Boot Camp, the NIC Community Connector, and speaking engagements at universities regarding the senior housing and care industry. Members also serve on the NIC Conference Program Committee as well as University Outreach and Internship Committee, and participate in a leadership development program.
Attributes Sought in FLC Nominees
- Passion for the senior housing and care field and a commitment to the mission of NIC.
- Minimum of five but not more than 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Possess a desire to grow within their company and the industry.
- Strong leadership potential, but not yet exercising industry-wide leadership.
- Demonstrated the ability to think creatively and strategically about issues in the senior housing and care industry.
- Willing to commit volunteer time to work on NIC initiatives.
Commitment to NIC by FLC Members
- Must be willing to commit volunteer time to work on NIC initiatives.
- Will be expected to serve on NIC committees and task forces as requested.
- NIC leadership will request that the members take on specific projects to benefit NIC, and therefore the industry.
- Participants will gather formally as a group at major NIC events to discuss current issues, share ideas and successes, and ask questions of fellow members and industry leaders.
- The cost of sponsorship is $500 annually, to help defray FLC meeting expenses.