Future Leaders Council Nomination & Application Process
Thank you for your interest in the nomination process for membership in the NIC Future Leaders Council (FLC). Below are forms for completion as part of the nomination process, a summary overview of the council, and both the attributes sought in those nominated for membership and the commitment to NIC of members.
THE NOMINATION WINDOW IS NOW CLOSED
Nomination Foms and Timeline
The downloadable and fillable PDF forms for completion by Friday, May 26, 2023, as part of the 2023 Nominations are the following:
- Form A: Nomination for Membership—required for nomination and must be completed by a NIC volunteer leader who is extended an invitation in early March to nominate individuals for membership.
- Form B: Nominee Application for Membership—required to complete nomination and must be completed by the nominee.
- Form C: Nominee’s Company Sponsorship Application—required to complete the nomination of any nominee who is nominated by a NIC volunteer leader from outside of the nominee’s company to ensure that the nominee’s company is supportive of the nominee’s prospective membership in the FLC and of the associated level of commitment expected of members.
Nominees must be available by phone for a possible brief interview by the FLC Oversight Committee as necessary between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm EDT on Thursday, June 22, 2023.
All nominees will be notified of the FLC Oversight Committee’s decision regarding their respective nomination for FLC membership no later than Friday, June 30, 2023.
NIC Future Leaders Council Overview
The NIC Future Leaders Council (FLC) was created to be an extension of, and resource to, the NIC Board to further our mission: to enable access and choice by providing data, analytics, and connections that bring together investors and providers. The FLC prepares tomorrow’s NIC leaders to face what lies ahead, grow the industry, and positively impact America’s senior population with NIC’s mission. The FLC offers emerging leaders the opportunity to hone their leadership skills, address critical issues that impact the industry through NIC’s initiatives, and develop a network of trusted associates and resources.
There currently are 25 members serving three-year terms. The selection of members has become a highly competitive process, and only a target of eight (8) new members are named each year. This year, members are working alongside NIC leadership on key initiatives such as the NIC Boot Camp, authoring articles for the NIC Insider, and speaking engagements at universities regarding the senior housing and care industry. Members also serve on the NIC Conference Program Committee as well as the University Outreach Committee.
Attributes Sought in FLC Nominees
- Passion for the senior housing and care field and a commitment to the mission of NIC.
- Minimum of five but not more than 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Possess a desire to grow within their company and the industry.
- Strong leadership potential, but not yet exercising industry-wide leadership.
- Demonstrated the ability to think creatively and strategically about issues in the senior housing and care industry.
- Willing to commit volunteer time to work on NIC initiatives.
Commitment to NIC by FLC Members
- Must be willing to commit volunteer time to work on NIC initiatives.
- Will be expected to serve on NIC committees and task forces as requested.
- NIC leadership will request that the members take on specific projects to benefit NIC, and therefore the industry.
- Participants will gather formally as a group at major NIC events to discuss current issues, share ideas and successes, and ask questions of fellow members and industry leaders.
- The cost of sponsorship is $500 annually, to help defray FLC meeting expenses.