“It’s a crash course…on how to value a deal.”
Coming Soon in 2023
The NIC Senior Housing Boot Camp: The Art of Assessing a Deal is designed to provide professionals the opportunity to learn best practices in the art of deal assessment and market analysis from industry experts.
The one-day course will analyze real-world scenarios, data, and case-study details, and provide an opportunity to collaborate with fellow attendees. The course concludes with a competitive bidding exercise, based on an actual case study.
This course is a unique opportunity for hands-on learning in an intimate environment, led by seasoned subject matter experts and concluding with a networking reception with industry thought leaders:
- Understand today’s senior housing market fundamentals and trends, transactions volumes, and valuation factors
- Hear from expert facilitators on how they analyze market supply and demand, determine their investment thesis and build a strategy
- Learn how buyers access capital to finance property acquisition
- Analyze the key decision points for property acquisition and/or development
- Assess a prospective transaction by examining operational opportunities, design and building configurations, sales acuity, disposition strategy, financing, and valuation
- Discuss industry realities and network with industry leaders and peers
Fill out the form below to be notified of future Boot Camps.
“People don’t just learn about how to value a deal; they take home connections as well.”
o Senior Housing Industry Overview
o Operating Memorandum Case Introduction
o Investment Assessment
o Sales & Marketing Considerations
o Market Assessment Fundamentals
o Operational Considerations
o Capital Market Structure
o Small Group Discussion on Final Bids
o Networking opportunity